1/2″ Thick Economy 6 inch LED fixture that fits directly under joists.
The Ultimate Home Renovation Economy LED Lighting Fixture.
For Insulated & Dropped Ceilings and Soffits.
Discover super Thin led recessed fixtures
Download Spec Sheets:
- 14W Super Thin Round Economy LED fixture – model LB6R 30K
- 14W Super Thin Round Economy LED fixture – model LB6R 41K
- cULus Listed and Energy Star Certified
- Type IC Rated – Approved for Direct Contact with Insulation
- Pot Light Housing is NOT Required even for Insulated Ceilings
- Air-Tight and Damp Location Approved
- Warranty: 5 Year
- Rated Life: 36 000 Hours
- model: LB6R/30K/WH or LB6R/41K/WH
Trim Colour Options:
Available in White Trim only
CONSTRUCTION: Round 6″ fixtures with integral LEDs. Class 2 isolated external driver factory installed inside junction box.
One driver for every fixture required.
MOUNTING: Cut out hole in ceiling (6 1/4″ to 6 1/2″) and snap fixture in opening with attached spring clips.
Space in ceiling needed for the driver to fit through the hole – 1 1/2″.
- Default Driver Input Voltage: 120V AC 60 Hz (Dimmable)
- Power factor: > 0.98
- Energy Used: 14W
- Halogen equivalent: 75W
- Beam Angle: 110°
- Light colour options: Warm White 3000K and Neutral White 4100K
- Light output: Warm White 900 lm, Neutral White 930 lm
- CRI: 80 for the 3000K and 80 for the 4100K
- Ambient Operating Temperature: -40°F (-40°C) to +104°F (+40°C)
- Compliance: cULus Listed, certified to CSA STD. C22.2 No. 250.0
- Rated: Type IC (Direct Contact with Insulation), Energy Star, Air-Tight
- OD 6 3/4″ (173 mm); ID 6 1/8″ (155 mm); Thickness 1/2″ (12 mm)
- Cut out: 6 1/4″ to 6 1/2″
- Junction Box Dimensions (with driver inside): 3 3/4″ (96 mm) x 3 3/8″ (85 mm) x 1 1/2″ (38 mm)
Suitable for damp locations and soffit installations.
Not suitable for steam showers, saunas and outdoor locations where directly exposed to rain.
ALL FIXTURES MUST BE INSTALLED IN ACCORDANCE WITH CURRENT APPLICABLE ELECTRICAL CODES.
Lotus LED Recessed Lights Driver Installation:
CONNECTING THE DRIVER:
Open the cover of the junction box. Push and remove one of the half-inch knockouts on the side plate. Install standard L16 cable connector. Use double connector for daisy chaining multiple drivers. Insert line voltage feed into the cable connector and splice same colour wires using wire nuts. Close the cover. Connect the driver to the light fixture – the arrows on the male and female parts of the connector between the driver and the fixture should match. Tighten the connector by hand. Do not attach the junction box to anything so you can pull it through the ceiling opening in case you need to service the driver in future.
OPTIONS FOR LOCATING DRIVER:
Fixture comes connected to the driver by 12″ long low voltage cable with waterproof connector in the middle.
Depending on where you want the driver to be you have 2 options:
- Locate next to the fixture – run line voltage wiring to first junction box and “daisy chain” to the junction boxes of the other fixtures.
- Or install all drivers at one location and use low voltage extension cables to the fixtures. Use only extensions provided by the manufacturer. Available jumper cables are 10 feet (3m) – cat # EXC10. Cables are linkable.
Maximum run should not exceed 40 feet (12m).
We recommend LED/CFL dimmers that have a low range adjustment dial. After all fixtures are connected to the dimmer adjust the dial to the lowest position before the lights start to flicker of shut down. This setting depends on the local voltage and number of fixtures per dimmer.
For a typical LED dimmer rated for 150W LED load the maximum number of fixtures per dimmer is 10.
DO NOT USE ANY OTHER DRIVERS EXCEPT THE LOTUS DRIVERS THAT ARE INCLUDED WITH THE FIXTURE.
DO NOT CONNECT MULTIPLE FIXTURES TO ONE DRIVER.
DO NOT OPEN THE LIGHT FIXTURE AND THE SIDE PLATES OF THE DRIVER – NO SERVICEABLE PARTS INSIDE.
CHOOSING THE LIGHT COLOUR:
- Warm White 3000K is yellowish, similar to halogen and incandescent light. Creates soft, calming feeling. We recommend the Warm White for bedrooms, living rooms and kitchens with warm coloured countertops and cabinets.
- Neutral White 4100K is whiter, colder and more energizing light. Using this colour will make the room look white, modern and brighter. We recommend the Neutral White for bathrooms, offices and work areas, garages, kitchens with white or dark countertops and cabinets.
Our experience with LED recessed lighting fixtures since 2008 shows that about 70% of our customers prefer the Warm White and 30% like the Neutral White.